Monday, July 7, 2008

Syncronised Swimming

So Jonathan and I set out today to the Olympic Stadium built when Montreal hosted the 1976 games. It was suitably impressive and in the pool area we got to see some of the Canadian team training for Beijing later this Summer. I can tell you that none of the dive team seem to be afraid of the highest board, and the syncronised swimmers were able to point theire toes with straight legs out of the water, again, and again, and again and again......

Off then to the cleverly reused cycling track to see the animals of the rainforest and St Lawerence basin and the arctic. I know, and not one of them on a bike. We also travelled on the cablecar to the top of the tower to look around the city. It was very hot today too - 32 C, which is a lot more than they have had at home.

We headed off to the cinema this evening to see Wanted with James Mc Evoy and Angelina Jolie (though Jonathan would have put the stars in a different order I'm sure). Excellent movie, if a little blood thirsty. Jonathan tells me that though a 13 rating here it is a 16 rating at home. I can see why!

While we are over here looking at penguins and city panorama, I am conscious that my Mum has just been admitted to hospital in Tallaght. Canada is a little further away than I would like. Home overnight on Thursday via Heathrow. I look forward to being back in Ireland despite the excitement of travel. Jess arrived home safely, and then she's off again at the weekend to Oxegen. Maybe next week we will all meet up!

No comments: