Friday, July 18, 2008

Friday's Problem



Well as if all that is going on here is not bad enough, I have a further problem. There I was sitting on the couch, it being a Friday night and all that, working through a few magazines I had to catch up on and then it happened.........I miss Canada - already!!!!!! It is the fault of the Canadian Living magazine I brought home. I was looking at the recipes and generally mooching through the magazine when I realised that I was already planning my next trip and I don't even know when I will have time off to go again. I love Ireland and really don't want to live anywhere else but Canada is a truly lovely country and looking through the photos I took make me realise how much I like it. The lack of traffic, the people, the healthy living! I know that it is a pretty inhospitable place in the Winter and I have only seen it during the Summer, but that's ok, I can go back in the Summer - rent a big campervan and take to the highway.


Muriel, if you are reading this in St John, you shouldn't have been so nice, you only encouraged me! Jonathan wants to come back too. I think Canada is in real trouble now. Greg, my placement Rector has suggested a parish swap for the Summer some time in the future, I would love to - though I need my own parish first.


Mum was a bit brighter today and the consultant in pleased with her progress. She is on bedrest and having a blood transfusion today and that should help perk her up a bit more. In the meantime, please pray for Mary and her family. Dave, one of my dearest friends - a lovlier person it would be hard to meet - will lose his Mum over the next week or so. Pray for peace for Mary and her family. Thank you

1 comment:

Muriel Lindsay said...

I make no apologies for my behavior while you were here(except for the T shirt hip move hehe)
I plan to give you more of the same as soon as you return. We miss you both.