Friday, July 4, 2008

Jonathan's Blog

I am getting Jonathan to dictate this as he has been quiet up to this point and I feel its about time he did a bit of work! So here you go:
Hello everyone,
First full day in Montreal. Breakfast at the hotel was plain and simple- not my style. My wardrobe is full of American Eagle clothes.
Churches, churches, churches, my mother isn't trying very hard to hide her obsession with church. We went to Notre Dame Cathedral and discovered that such a hard core church - Roman Catholic- was designed by an Irish Protestant. It was such a sight that I wanted to go back and see the church while it was having a light show, because between the complete unsubtlety and it would give teenagers heart attacks rather than elderly gents because the inside was sharp in contrast to a moose's antlers. Another attraction that we visited was The Labryinth where the staff were very eager to help - wink wink nudge nudge. After an hour in there I could hear my Mother's grinding teeth behind me, half an hour later when Mum asked to get out through clenched teeth, help came...... and brought us about 20 feet in the right direction, and said carry on. After about 20 more minutes of trekking around the plactic wasteland we eventually reached the exit where we saw 10 portraits and weren't allowed to leave until we had solved the problem of the maze. By this point Mum was looking for a bottle of Southern Comfort for some comfort. After I had eventually worked out who committed the crime, my prize was a piece of elastic that said well done. Mum was rocking in the corner looking to leave. We escaped. Jonathan

Back to me again -
After a lovely simple and fat free breakfast at the hotel we kitted Jonathan out for school. then off to see the lovely St Patricks Basilica which I thought was overboard until I saw the Basilica Notre Dame! Wow, if ever there was a need for sunglasses......... You should see it, it is WAY over the top! We headed off to a brief exhibition of the history of Montreal and then to the park for a picnic - whether we picked up the ants there or later we will never know.
Then as Jonathan mentioned we headed off to Hanger 16 for an afternoon of fun wandering round a warehouse of plastic sheeting of different colours to try to find our way through a maze that seemed to have been set up by a group of sadistic toddlers. The staff were unhelpful when asked for the way out- we were adults therefore we had to work it out for ourselves!!!!! Much grinding and gnashing of teeth. Oh what a kerfuffle and joy abounded when we finally saw daylight again......and we paid for the privilege?!

The desire to live having been sucked out of me, we headed back to the hotel to lie down and then went out for a nice Italian meal and a glass of red to get over the trauma. Goodness, tomorrow is another day.

I am having problems with my email so if you are looking for me, best to log a comment to this or send a message via facebook. Thanks. X

No comments: