Friday, June 20, 2008

Hi from St John!
As you can see we are live on line so should be able to continue boring/entertaining you. We arrived to be met at the airport by Greg who took us the 15 minutes to his house to meet his wife Vanessa and their 3 kids Samantha 15 Ben 13 and Maddy 11. The seem like a lovely family and their home is very homely. After dinner they took us on a quick tour round the area and though it is a city; it is full of trees and an awful lot of water. Not having adjusted to the time changes yet we went to bed at a very unsocial 9.30!
Their kids are on their last day of school so they have gone out to that and due to that we are just hanging round the house by ourselves getting acclimatised. Greg has just called in to give me a schedule of my placement and it is packed with visiting; marriage prep; suppers; lunches and a veritable whirlwind of activity. Apparently Jonathan and I are to be taken sailing as well and those of you who know me well will know I normally avoid any contact with boats. I will smile and embrace the experience.......! Other highlights include the youth camp over night and a fun day out at the beach with the youth group.
The weather is about the same as home except more humid and I am told the squirrels are red. Jonathan is quite chilled about the whole thing as you would expect and last night we met their cousin Matthew who is his age and will be hanging round as well so I feel that he is sorted when I am out and about.
Event though Greg says his church is middle of the road iut would appear that is is quite high church by our standards. He has morning prayer every morning at 8.30.
Thats about it for the moment
x

No comments: