Saturday, June 28, 2008

Flip Flop Heaven and the Leprechaun Snowman

Hello loyal readers, tired of my trip yet? You haven't had the pleasure of the thousands of photos that are still to come! I haven't got the cable with me to connect the camera so no drip feeding them it will be all or nothing!

We had a relatively quiet day today in terms of placement. Jonathan and I were picked up by the lovely Muriel and taken to do as much shopping we could in 3 hours - we hadn't had the opportunity to go up to now as there was always something on. So off to Old Navy to begin kitting Jonathan out for school etc as he doen't have to wear uniform any more. We got a few its and pieces but for some unknown reason he doesn't seem to want to try on the things I choose for him. The flip flops were on special offer at a dollar a pair with a limit of 5 pairs. I am sorted for the forseeable future.

We then mooched into a craft shop and went into the Irish Craft Shop to freak the owner out as only a very small proportion of the goods on sale would ever have been connected to our beautiful land. You could buy a cadbury flake for 2 dollars - about E1.50 We go the most wonderful Christmas tree decoration to mark our visit- some of you may not know that we pick up a tree decoration from every holiday. This authentic irish snowman is awesome! I can honestly say that I have never seen the like at home. Wow, truly special.

So home to finish the sermon for tomorrow and then what a surprise --out for dinner. this time a t-bone steak barbequeued and thank goodness, salad and NO CAKE! Praise be! Most of the people who took us out during the week have threatened to give me feedback on the sermon tomorrow. I look forward to it. After church when the Mc Mullins have left, we are to go to the Campions for the rest of the day, their son Peter is the chaplain of Kings Hos school in Dublin. The home to an empty house and the cats.
Bye

1 comment:

Muriel Lindsay said...

Turns out the flip flops were not such a good bargain as Johnathan left the black ones in the boot of my car.hehehehe, I will think of him as I wear them!!