Sunday, March 14, 2010

Mothering Sunday

No news is relatively good news. It has been a quiet week really. Both Mum and Dad remain at home and though the week has had its moments, it has been a good one overall. We are tentatively planning for Dad to go on his Matchbox car weekend on the 26th of this month with his brother David and the addition of his personal nurse (Jacq) to travel with him. (I will stay at home woth Mum.) It is the last Matchbox weekend as the club is due to finish up after this and as Dad has been to so many of them, it would be brilliant if he can get to Harrogate for it. The organisers are pulling out all the stops to help him to go and we are so grateful for their help with that. Fingers crossed!

Dad is still hoping to preach at my ordination to the priesthood on March 25th. It will be a quieter event than my ordination to the diaconate. I am delighted to have the support of my family at this event. Andrew and Jonathan will read lessons and Jacq will sing. I will try not to get too emotional!

Mum has had a reasonable week - Jacq and I dropped into her today. Andrew is hoping to get down to see them tomorrrow so she will have been plagued by all of her children within a short period! I admire the good humour, patience and dignity she has shown throughout her journey with MS. Mum we love you. Thank you for your example of trust in God.

No comments: