Sunday, August 10, 2008

Mudstock

Hello fans! (Anyone still out there since I got home?)
Another week has gone by and what have I got to show for it? Well I finished the first series of House, have done a bit of baking, sorted out and put away my study notes for this year and ordered more books I don't have time to read on Amazon (I just like getting the post). I went to the college library and got an impressive pile of books to start researching my dissertation. I need to make a start on it as I have no idea how my workload will settle with the possible needs around Mum's potential discharge in September.
So I had a lovely afternoon trying to establish the best definition of death. Not as easy as it would appear. I finally got it sorted and I realised that, of course, the definition would have needed to change on the 1960's with the advent of heart transplant surgery and bypass machines. I had the dissertation sorted in my head at the end of term but now realise I forgot the grand plan somewhere and need to re-establish the project's direction.
Jonathan came home from scout camp a day earlier than he should have. The torrential rain over the last 24 hours rained them out and the organisers of the jambouree requested that any that could leave should do so as the camp was completely flooded. He got home smelly and damp at 11 pm last night having had a whale of a time. He seems to have grown again, must have been all the rain.
Mum is doing very well at the moment and has always enjoyed the Olympic games. She will be in hospital for the forseeable future though she continues to improve. It will be a difficult transition home when the time comes and we hope that Dad will get a bit more backup from the health services when the time comes.
During this week I hope to reform the shape of my dissertation, do another but of clearing out, go to IKEA in Belfast, put my photos of Canada into an album and sort out Jonathan's school books, finish at least 3 of the 4 books I'm reading at the moment and try to cook a couple of new experimental dishes. That should take care of things and keep me out of trouble for a while.

No comments: