Thursday, November 20, 2008

Curacy List

So here we are. After 3 years it is finally our turn to wait anxiously for news of where may be available to hang my cassock and set down semi-permanent roots. After 3 years of looking at my home and wondering how on earth I would try to pack it up (and even more importantly - how on earth I managed to collect together so much stuff!) I know that I will have to make decisions about the house but these will have to wait until I know if I can use it easily for any potential time off. Jess will live there and Jonathan will too eventually assuming that college and work in Dublin is on the cards. It would be good to still have a "my room" to retreat to.

I have lived there for 20 years and it will be odd to acclimatise to a new home. I look forward to the work and the challenge but the getting there will be an issue. I can see my self constantly finding that the thing I need is in the "other" house.

The other big question that needs answering is where Jonathan gets to go to school. Newpark has been very good for him and I know that he would be heartbroken without being able to finish it. At least he has his ski trip next month.

No comments: